post 7: An expert on my field

Pierre-Félix Bourdieu
If I have to think about someone that I admire, in my field (sociology), I can think on Pierre Felix Bourdie. I don't know so much about Bourdie, but I can fine all about him in internet, because he was one of the most prominent representative of the contemporary sociology. Pierre Bourdie was born in Denguin, France on 1 August of 1930 and died on Paris, France on 22 January of 2002. Bourdie get married to Marie-Claire Brizard in 1962, and they had three sons  Jérôme, Emmanuel, and Laurent. His alma maters are École Normale Supérieure nad University of Paris. Bourdie's work was primarily concerned with the dynamics of power in society, and his best know book is Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgment of Taste (1979). Even though I don't konw so much about Pierre Bourdie, I think he is a very interesting sociologist, and I want learn about his theories of the society and the power, and read his books in a close future.

Pierre Bourdieu, painted portrait DDC 8931 (cropped).jpg

Comentarios